For tours / packages departing during 2023
Anam Cara Travel Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference 305686) being permitted to advise and arrange general insurance contracts. Our status can be checked on the Financial Conduct Authority by visiting www.fca.org.uk or calling 0845 606 9966.
We have arranged with Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd a holiday insurance policy specially designed with our package tours in mind. We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided. The following is a brief summary of the cover available, which also includes 24-hour medical emergency service provided by Mayday Assist, are detailed below. Full details of the key benefits, conditions and exclusions will be included in the Policy Booklet, Table of Benefits and Insurance Product Information Document (IPID), copies of which will be sent to you with your confirmation of booking. Full details of the cover, conditions and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking (by email). A link to a specimen copy of the policy wording is available on this page, should you wish to examine this in advance.
|SECTION OF COVER||MAXIMUM SUMS INSURED AND / OR BENEFITS PER PERSON||MAXIMUM EXCESS PER PERSON|
|1 - Cancellation||Up to £3,000||£50 up to & including 65 years
£100 - 66 to 75 years
£150 - 76 - 90 years
|2 – Travel delay & Abandonment||1) £20 for the first completed 12-hours delay then £10 for each subsequent completed 12-hours delay up £60 Delay Benefit (Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)|
2) £3,000 after a completed 12-hours delay Abandonment (Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)
|NIL Delay Benefit
£75 for abandonment only
|3 – Missed departure||Up to £800 for trips outside the United Kingdom||Nil|
|3 – Missed departure||Up to £800 for trips outside the United Kingdom||Nil|
|4 – Personal accident|| 1) £15,000 (£2,500 children under 16-years and adults 66-years plus at time of the accident) Death|
2) £15,000 (£2,500 adults 66-years plus at time of the accident) Loss of Limb(s) and / or Eye(s)
3) £15,000 (£2,500 children under 16-years and adults 66-years plus at time of the accident) Permanent Total Disablement
|5 – Emergency Medical & Repatriation Expenses||£5,000,000, sub-limited as follows:|
1) £350 Emergency Dental Pain Relief (Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)
2) £100 Emergency Taxi Fares & Telephone Calls
3) £2,500 Local Funeral Expenses (Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)
4) £2,500 Additional Travel Expenses (United Kingdom)
5) £50 United Kingdom Prescription Charges (Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)
6) £300 United Kingdom Physiotherapy & Chiropractic Charges (Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)
7) £10 for each completed 24-hours up to £100 (United Kingdom)
8) £15 for each completed 24-hours up to £300 Hospital Benefit (Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Europe & Worldwide)
9) £50 for each completed 24-hours up to £500 Mugging Benefit
|Nil Emergency Taxi Fares & Telephone Calls
Nil Hospital Benefit
Nil Mugging Benefit
Nil United Kingdom Prescription Charges
Nil United Kingdom Physiotherapy & Chiropractic Charges
£50 up to and including 65-years All Other Claims in this Section
£100 66 to 75-years All Other Claims in this Section
£150 76 to 90-years All Other Claims in this Section
|6 – Curtailment||£2,000 in all, sub-limited to:|
1) £200 single article, Pair or Set
2) £200 in all Valuables
|8 – Passport & Other Documents||£200||Nil|
|9 – Personal liability||Up to £2,000,000||£250|
|10 – Legal costs and expenses||Up to £25,000||Nil|
|11 – COVID-19 cover||1. Cancellation up to £3,000|
2. Curtailment up to £3,000
3. Medical and other expenses outside the UK up to £1,000,000
4. £30 per 24-hours up to £300 Confinement to Holiday Accommodation
|£50 up to and including 65-years
£100 66 to 75-years
£150 76 to 90-years
Nil Confinement to Holiday Accommodation
|12 - Personal Money||£250 in all, sub-limited to:|
£50 children under 16-years at the time of the incident
£75 All Other Claims in this Section
|13 - Delayed Baggage on Outward Journey||£100 after a completed 12-hours delay||Nil|
This Policy may not provide cover for Pre-existing Medical Conditions, so it is important that You review and respond to the questions below in order to have the full protection of Your Policy. If You do not take the appropriate action, or if You withhold information which We should reasonably be made aware of when considering the provision of cover, then Your Policy may be cancelled, or Your claim rejected or not fully paid. Please consider the following questions in relation to You, anyone to be covered by this Policy, or any colleague:
1. Are You aware of any reason why Your trip could be cancelled or cut short, such as Your health or the health of a Close Relative or Close business associate or someone with whom You are going to travel or stay?
2. Are You travelling:
- a. against the advice of a Medical Practitioner, or
- b. for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment?
3. Have You been given a terminal prognosis?
4. Are You receiving or awaiting investigation or treatment for any Bodily Injury, Illness or disease as a hospital day case or in-patient or have an undiagnosed condition or set of symptoms?
If You answer YES to any of the above 4 questions, then Your Pre-existing Medical Conditions will not be covered by this Policy and We are unable to extend the cover to do so. If You are within Your 14 day cooling off period and You decide this Policy is no longer suitable for Your needs, You may be entitled to a full refund of the premium paid. Please contact the holiday company that You purchased the Policy from to discuss this further.
If You answer NO to the above 4 questions, then please also proceed to questions 5 and 6 below to complete the assessment.
5. If You are on prescribed medication, are Your medical condition(s) stable and well controlled?
6. If You suffer from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or nervous disorder, have You received written confirmation (at Your cost) that You are fit enough to take this trip by either:
- a. Your GP, or
- b. a registered mental health professional (e.g. if You are under the care of a Community Mental Health Team), or
- c. a consultant specialising in the relevant field?
If You answer YES to question 5 and 6 above, then You do not need to contact Us with details of Your Pre-existing Medical Conditions, and Your insurance Policy’s standard terms, conditions and exclusions will apply.
If You answer NO to question 5 or 6 above, then Your Pre-existing Medical Conditions will not be covered by this Policy and We are unable to extend the cover to do so. If You are within Your 14 day cooling off period and You decide this Policy is no longer suitable for Your needs, You may be entitled to a full refund of the premium paid. Please contact the holiday company that You purchased the Policy from to discuss this further.
Important note: this applies to all destinations, excluding trips solely within the United Kingdom.
CHANGES IN YOUR HEALTH – You must also notify MediScreen immediately on 0344 892 1698 if there is any change in your medical circumstances between the date you first purchased your insurance policy and the date your holiday is due to begin. If you do not take the appropriate action, or if you withhold information which we should reasonably be made aware of when considering the provision of cover, then your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid. If we can extend cover, we may charge an additional premium for doing so.
If your trip is solely within the United Kingdom then you must obtain a letter from your medical practitioner confirming that you are fit enough to take the trip. Failure to do so may invalidate your policy.
You must also tell us as soon as reasonably possible if you are no longer a resident in the United Kingdom.
The following General Exclusions apply to this policy:
1. The cover under this policy is only available to United Kingdom residents for travel within the Geographical limits contained in this policy and which begins and ends in the United Kingdom. Repatriation will be to the United Kingdom only.
2. Cover is only available for the whole duration of a booked trip to a maximum 70 consecutive days, and cover cannot be purchased once a trip has already begun.
3. The excess amount deductible from a claim applies to each and every claim, per incident claimed for, under certain sections by each insured person.
4. If your money, valuables, any items of baggage, your passport or visa are lost or stolen, you must notify the local Police within 24 hours of discovery or as soon as possible thereafter. Please make sure you get a copy of the Police report. Failure to comply may result in your claim being rejected or the amount of any relevant claim reduced.
5. You are not covered for valuables, your passport or visa if left unattended at any time (including in a vehicle, in checked in luggage or while in the custody of a carrier, tour operator or public transport operator) unless deposited in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or left in your locked accommodation.
6. Stolen property: You are not covered for baggage stolen from: (a) an unattended coach/bus unless it was locked in the luggage compartment of the coach/bus and evidence of force or violent entry to the vehicle is available, or (b) the passenger compartment of any unattended vehicle.
7. Any epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
8. You must ensure that you have had any recommended inoculations, vaccine (including COVID-19 where it has been offered to you) or medications relating to your destination prior to your trip.
9. Claims arising from or related to any coronavirus including but not limited to COVID-19 or any related / mutated form of the virus. This exclusion does not apply to COVID-19 claims under the COVID-19 Cover section.
This is underwritten by ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI) on behalf of Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE). Great Lakes Insurance SE is a German insurance company with its headquarters at Königinstrasse 107, 80802 Munich. UK Branch office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London EC3M 5BN, company number SE000083. Great Lakes Insurance SE, UK Branch, is authorised and regulated by Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht. Deemed authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 769884. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details of the Temporary Permissions Regime, which allows EEA-based firms to operate in the UK for a limited period while seeking full authorisation, are available on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website. ERGO Travel Insurance Services Ltd (ETI): registered in England and Wales, company number 11091555. Authorised and regulated by the FCA, register number 805870 and registered office: 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London, EC3M 5BN. Details about the extent of GLISE’s authorisation and regulation by the PRA, and regulation by the FCA are available on request.
COOLING OFF PERIOD – Examples of these and other conditions and exclusions are contained within the policy wording, a specimen copy of which is available upon request. If after purchasing a policy from us should you find it does not meet your requirements, you have 14 days from the date of receipt of the policy documents or before departure, whichever is less, to cancel the policy and receive a full refund of your premium.
A full policy wording will be sent to you with your confirmation of booking. Full details are also available upon request.
Please click here to view the ACT23 Insurance Product Information Document
Please click here to view the ACT23 Insurance Policy Details
Insurance Cover Prices (please note Prices applicable from 06 October 2022 inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax at 20%).
Excluding USA & Canada